Potatoes anna is a lesson in simplicity. This classic French dish consists of thin slices of potato, brushed with butter, and seasoned with salt and pepper. The potato slices are layered in a pan and then baked, forming a savory potato cake. We have opted to include olive oil in our recipe, which is a non-traditional ingredient, but helps to crisp the top of the potatoes during the final broil. The potatoes may oxidize slightly due to the long cooking time, but will still taste delicious.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ⅛” thick slices
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
1) Generously butter a Suvie pan. Arrange an even layer of potatoes over the bottom of the pan, overlapping slightly. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
2) Repeat process until potatoes and butter are used up. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 4 hours
3) After the cook, brush the potatoes with olive oil and broil for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
4) Run a knife along the edges of the pan, cut into slices and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 4 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 270, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbohydrates 41g, Total Sodium 300mg, Total Protein 5g