This delicious and easy muffin bread is packed with all the warm and cozy flavors of fall. For those of you who like to only eat crunchy muffin tops, forgoing the bottom halves, we’ve altered the typical muffin recipe ratios to give you more crunchy topping in each bite. Blooming the pumpkin pie spice in hot butter in Step 2 makes the finished muffin bread more aromatic and flavorful than if the spices were added without heating.
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Bread
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together ¼ cup flour, 3 tbsp sugar, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, and 1 pinch salt. Drizzle 2 tbsp melted butter over the mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
2) In a small skillet, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat, add 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly until fragrant. Transfer butter to a large heat-proof bowl.
3) Whisk ¾ cup pumpkin puree, 1 large egg, and 1 tsp vanilla into the melted butter until smooth. In a separate large bowl, whisk together 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour, ¾ cup granulated sugar, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp baking powder, and ½ tsp kosher salt.
4) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Transfer batter to a greased and parchment lined Suvie pan, and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle topping evenly over the batter. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now. Rotate pan halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
5) Remove pan from Suvie and allow muffin bread to cool completely in the pan. Lift pumpkin spice muffin bread out of the pan using the parchment sling, and cut into 8 equal pieces.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 290, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 280mg, Total Protein 7g.