With vibrant colors and layers of flavors to impress, this frittata will have everyone thinking you’ve spent all morning in the kitchen. Instead, keep prep easy and use Thanksgiving leftovers to fill this beauty! We’ve chosen our favorite root vegetables for this version, but other great options could include green beans, carrots, or broccoli. And to help this frittata reach peak tastiness, we’ve thrown in rich gouda cheese and aromatic fresh rosemary for good measure.
Roasted Root Veggie Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 4 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 oz shredded gouda cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups roasted root vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, or beets, cut into ½” cubes
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 8 eggs, ½ cup half and half, 4 oz parmesan cheese, 4 oz gouda cheese, 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper. Gently stir in 2 cups roasted root vegetables.
2) Pour the egg mixture into a greased Suvie pan. Load the pan into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule. Cover the frittata with foil halfway through the bake to prevent excess browning.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie and let the frittata cool for 5 minutes. Divide between plates and serve with extra parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 231, Total Fat 14.7g, Total Carbohydrates 8.9g, Total Sodium 564.6mg, Total Protein 14.5g