Part omelette and part breakfast sandwich, this recipe takes our favorite breakfast pastry and fills it to the brim with flavor. These croissant boats are the perfect breakfast, ideal for on the go weekday mornings or leisurely sit-down breakfasts. We recommend serving the croissant tops on the side or snacking on them while Suvie works its magic. For an extra crispy croissant, broil the boats for 5-7 minutes after baking.
Sausage Cheddar Croissant Boats
- 4 large croissants
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup fully cooked sausage crumbles
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives, divided
1) With the croissants sitting flat on a cutting board, cut the tops off of each croissant, angling the knife slightly downwards to create a bowl shape. Arrange croissants in two greased Suvie pans.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, 3 tbsp whole milk, ¼ tsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp chives, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Stir in ½ cup cheese and ½ cup sausage. Spoon egg mixture into croissant bottoms. Insert the pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes
3) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie and distribute croissant boats between plates. Garnish with additional chives and serve with croissant tops.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 409, Total Fat 25.3g, Total Carbohydrates 28.1g, Total Sodium 822.5mg, Total Protein 17.1g