Creamy, tender, and flavorful, these classic scalloped potatoes make the perfect side dish and play well with anything from crunchy fresh salad to roast meat. Be sure to slice your potatoes as evenly as possible to ensure they cook evenly. We used a mandoline to cut our potatoes to uniform size.
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ lbs russet potatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz monterey jack, shredded
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together ½ cup onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves, and 1 tbsp melted butter. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes until softened and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
2) Remove pan from Suvie, whisk in ¾ cup chicken broth, ¾ cup heavy cream, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Arrange 1 ½ lbs potato slices in the pan, pressing down with a spatula to evenly submerge. Cover pan with foil and return to Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
3) After the potatoes are done cooking, remove from Suvie, sprinkle with 2 oz shredded monterey jack cheese, and return to Suvie. Broil for 14-16 minutes, rotating halfway through, and watching closely, as this step goes fast.
4) Remove from Suvie, let sit 5 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 260, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 80mg, Total Protein 6g.