This zesty dish is packed with flavor. Suvie’s savory steaks are sous vide and then seared to a crisp finish and served alongside tender asparagus and rigatoni in a rich lemon butter sauce. We love the large tubes of rigatoni, but any pasta can be substituted.
Seared Steaks with Rigatoni and Asparagus
- 2 (5 oz) steaks, vacuum-sealed
- 4 oz rigatoni
- 8 oz asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lemon
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into upper right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place rigatoni in a starch pan and insert into Suvie. Place asparagus in a Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 125° for 45 minutes
Vegetable: 8 minutes
Starch: 12 minutes
3) Remove pans from Suvie. Remove steaks from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add steaks and sear for 1 minute per side or until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board.
4) Transfer rigatoni to a large bowl and stir in softened butter. Cut asparagus into 2-inch long pieces and add to rigatoni.
5) Zest half the lemon over the rigatoni then cut lemon in half and squeeze 1 tbsp juice over the rigatoni. Stir to incorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Divide steaks and rigatoni between plates, and then serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 530, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 48g, Total Sodium 660mg, Total Protein 39g