This seven layer dip is the perfect blend of textures, flavors, and temperatures. Warm and creamy refried beans serve as the base, which sits below a tangy layer of sour cream and cheese that’s topped with chunky salsa. Choose mild, medium, or hot based on your preference. These layers are cooked until hot and then topped with cool guacamole and finished with an irresistible layer of crunchy Frito’s and gooey, melted cheddar. By now you may have noticed that this dip doesn’t even have seven layers, but hopefully you’ll overlook this oversight based on how delicious it is!
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 (15.5 oz) can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup Fritos
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bag tortilla chips, to serve
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. Spread refried beans into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
2) In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and half cheddar cheese. Spread cheese mixture over refried beans.
3) Top cheese mixture with salsa. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
4) While the dip cooks, peel and pit avocado, then transfer to a medium bowl. Mash with a fork and then stir in cilantro, lime juice, and ½ tsp salt.
5) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and spread avocado mixture over the salsa. Top with Fritos and remaining cheese.
Return pan to Suvie and broil until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes (watch closely as this step goes fast!).
6) Garnish with scallions and serve hot with tortilla chips.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 1200mg, Total Protein 12g