This classic steak and potatoes dish gets a boost of flavor from tangy romesco sauce; we used store bought romesco to save time, but you could make your own at home too (try our romesco recipe here). We cook Suvie’s own sirloin steaks on a preheated sheet pan to achieve some browning and crisping on one side of the steak. The potatoes are cooked alongside the steak to streamline the recipe and the number of dishe to wash! Finished with some fresh parsley this dish is vibrant, rich, and delicious.
Sheet Pan Steak with Potatoes and Romesco
- 2 (5 oz) sirloin steaks
- 1 lb russet potatoes, cut into ½-inch thick coins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp romesco sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1) Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450°F.
2) Stir potatoes, vegetable oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper on a baking sheet, ensuring potatoes are coated in oil. Arrange potatoes over one half of the sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until softened.
3) Season steaks liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. After the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the steaks to the empty half of the sheet pan. Roast until steaks register 125° with an instant read thermometer and potatoes are cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
4) Transfer steaks to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
5) Divide potatoes between two plates. Slice steak against the grain and divide between plates. Top with romesco and parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 550, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 950mg, Total Protein 37g