Suvie’s sirloin steaks aren’t just for dinner – they make for great breakfast too! Try our simple recipe for steak and eggs for a protein packed start to your day. Add some toasted sourdough or an english muffin and a side of fruit to round out your meal. The key to making a delicious steak is ensuring the outer surface of the steaks is very dry and ensuring the pan is ripping hot when you add the steaks to the pan. These two steps will give you a delicious crust on the outside with tender meat on the inside.
Skillet Steak and Eggs
- 1 (5 oz) sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives or parsley
1) Pat sirloin steak dry and season liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2) Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add steaks and cook, without moving, for 3 minutes until browned. Flip and continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes until the steaks register 125°F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
3) Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack eggs into pan and cook until white begin to set. Cover pan and cook for 2-3 minutes more until cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Slice steak against the grain and divide between plates with eggs. Garnish with herbs and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 310, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 270mg, Total Protein 28g