This Italian inspired recipe is a garlic lover’s dream. As nutritious as it is delicious, the soup is filled with as many iron-rich greens as we could fit in the pan along with beans to keep you filled up. Finish this vegetarian meal with a squeeze of lemon at the end to add some brightness which beautifully compliments the depth from the earthy beans and spinach. For a heartier option, enjoy this recipe as a soup with bread for dipping or serve over cooked pasta.
Slow Cooked Greens and Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 oz spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1) In a Suvie pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp salted butter, 3 cloves garlic, and ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes. Broil for 10 minutes, until fragrant.
2) Remove the pan from your Suvie. In a large bowl, combine 6 oz spinach leaves, 1 can white beans, 2 cups vegetable broth, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, and broiled garlic mixture. Add spinach and bean mixture to a Suvie pan, insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and stir in 2 tbsp lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve greens and beans in bowls and top with 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 236, Total Fat 10.3g, Total Carbohydrates 27.3g, Total Sodium 956.5mg, Total Protein 10.4g