Shelf stable tortellini are the ideal pantry item because they are ready in a snap, taste great, and have a bit more intrigue than standard pasta. We use this pantry powerhouse to our advantage in this verdant meal. Herby pesto, roasted zucchini, and cheese tortellini come together for a delicious weeknight meal everyone will love.
Note: We don’t recommend scheduling this meal, as the tortellini will get too soggy.
Slow Roasted Green Tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp, divided
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup pesto
- 12 oz shelf-stable cheese tortellini
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more until fragrant. Transfer onion mixture to a Suvie pan.
2) Stir ½ cup pesto and 2 cups hot water into the pan with the onion followed by 12 oz tortellini, stirring to combine. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) In a second Suvie pan, stir together remaining 1 tsp olive oil, zucchini, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, stirring tortellini halfway through.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes
4) After the cook, stir zucchini into the tortellini and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 620mg, Total Protein 16g.