This family friendly weeknight dinner transforms pantry staples into a four star meal. The decadently creamy sauce is studded with tangy, sun dried tomatoes and herbaceous oregano. We top our perfectly sous vide chicken breasts with the rich sauce and serve it all on top of tender macaroni. You can substitute any small extruded pasta such as rotini, penne, or farfalle. Add this recipe to your arsenal for a quick and delicious dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Sous Vide Chicken Breasts with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 2 (7 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, vacuum sealed
- 4 oz medium elbow macaroni
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place pasta in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 13 minutes
2) Just before the chicken is done cooking, heat sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, oregano, and sun dried tomatoes in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through and thickened, about 5 minutes.
3) After the cook, remove chicken from packaging and pat dry. Divide pasta between plates and spoon sauce over each serving. Top pasta with chicken breast, spooning extra sauce over each breast.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 620, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 690mg, Total Protein 54g