This meal, which can easily be scheduled ahead of time, pulls together the classic combination of pork and potatoes under a blanket of a bright, citrusy, mint vinaigrette. Be sure to pat the tenderloin dry thoroughly before searing for the best browning.
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Mint Vinaigrette
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus ¼ cup
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
1) Season 1 lb pork tenderloin with 1 tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Place pork tenderloin and 1 tsp olive oil in a vacuum bag and seal. Place bag in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 140°F for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
2) Place potatoes and 1 tbsp salt in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Potatoes, Uncut, 40 minutes
3) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 finely chopped shallot. Allow to sit 10 minutes. Stir in remaining ¼ cup olive oil, 1 bunch finely chopped mint, and 1 large pinch of salt.
4) Once the pork tenderloin has finished cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat a medium cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 tsp vegetable oil to the pan, swirling to coat. Add the pork tenderloin and sear on all sides for about 30 seconds or until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into pieces.
5) Drain potatoes and cut in half if desired. Divide potatoes and pork between plates. Drizzle mint vinaigrette over tenderloin and potatoes, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 20g, Total Sodium 710mg, Total Protein 34g.