Brimming with spicy red pepper flakes, sweet fennel seeds, and flavorful curry powder, this dish takes cauliflower to center stage. A homemade tahini dressing is served underneath the spiced cauliflower to add richness and a welcome bitterness. We love this dish on its own, but it would also be equally as delicious served with roast chicken or warm pita bread.
Spice Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing
- 12 oz cauliflower florets, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp minced fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or chives
1) In a large bowl, toss together 12 oz cauliflower florets, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp fennel seeds, ½ tsp curry powder, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, ¼ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Transfer to the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 0 minutes
2) While the cauliflower cooks, whisk 2 tbsp tahini, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp warm water, and ¼ tsp salt together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
3) Once the cauliflower is done cooking, season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread tahini dressing over the bottom of a serving plate and top with cauliflower and fresh herbs.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 250, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 350mg, Total Protein 6g.