This delicious french toast has a creamy, berry filling that’s perfect for any brunch. Cream cheese sweetened with berry jam is spread across pieces of pillowy challah bread then stuffed with berries and french toast-erized with an egg-based custard. Finish off this sweet, delicious breakfast treat with a drizzle of maple syrup and some extra berries. This dish can be prepped the night before so you can wake up to perfectly cooked french toast, no pots or pans required!
Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf challah or brioche, sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup berry jam
- 1 cup berries
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Trim the bottom or ends of the challah so the slices fit in Suvie pan Grease Suvie pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the cream cheese with the jam in a small bowl. Toss the berries with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice. In a large mixing bowl whisk together ¼ cup sugar, 4 eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the slices of bread. Arrange challah slices with berries in between in Suvie pan, reserving some berries for garnish. Pour egg mixture over the slices. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- After the cook, remove pan from Suvie. Cut into rectangles. Serve with maple syrup and berries.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 523, Total Fat 26.8g, Total Carbohydrates 53.6g, Total Sodium 596.2mg, Total Protein 14.1g