This fresh, tangy, and savory salad is perfect for summer when you want a meal that is satisfying yet light. Rich pork is paired with an array of crisp vegetables all dressed up in a funky dressing of fish sauce, sugar, and vinegar. Pork loin roast is a fairly lean cut, so only sear it for a short period of time to caramelize some of the exterior sugars without overcooking it. Feel free to add any other garnishes that appeal to you such as cilantro, toasted coconut, fried shallots, or crispy rice.
Sweet and Savory Pork with Cucumber Salad
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 serrano chiles or 5 Thai chiles, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 large shallot
- 1 large head Bibb or green leaf lettuce
- 4 large radishes
- 1 large English cucumber or half a large hothouse cucumber
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Cut pork in half crosswise. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, fish sauce, rice vinegar, chiles, and garlic. Set aside ¼ cup marinade in the refrigerator.
- Vacuum seal pork with remaining marinade. Place pork in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert pan into one of the top zones of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Cook Settings
Protein: 140°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
- While the pork cooks, prepare the salad. Thinly slice shallot. Tear lettuce into large pieces. Trim and quarter radish. Peel English cucumber into long, thin slices. Set vegetables aside in the refrigerator until the pork has finished cooking.
- Once the pork has finished cooking, remove from vacuum-sealed bag, and thoroughly pat dry. Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until smoking. Add the pork and sear on all sides until browned, about 2 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
- Divide lettuce, radishes, shallot, cucumber, and pork between plates. Drizzle each salad with reserved marinade.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 250, Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 15g, Total Sodium 1380mg, Total Protein 25g