Hearty beef and indulgent truffle mash are the stars of this delicious meal. Our Prime Rib with green beans features buttery soft prime rib steak served with crisp-tender green beans, a savory au jus for drizzling, and decadent truffle mashed potatoes for a 5-Star meal at home.
Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Prime Rib with Green Beans
- 1-2 packages potato puree
- 1-2 packages green beans
- 1-2 packages prime rib steak
- 1-2 packets truffle zest
1) Top Pan
Before opening, gently tap potatoes and peas on the counter to break up. Open potatoes and pour into a Suvie pan; set green beans aside in the fridge until Step 3. Add 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp milk or water, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper for 2 servings (for 4 servings, use 4 tbsp butter, ¼ cup milk, and 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp freshly ground pepper). Place potatoes in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Bottom Pan
Do not open the prime rib packages. Place prime rib steak into a Suvie pan and cover completely with water. Place prime rib in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Reheat at 250°F for 30 minutes
When the cook is complete, remove prime rib from Suvie and set aside to rest. Pour off water from pan with prime rib. In a clean, dry Suvie pan, combine green beans, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper (for 4 servings, use 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp salt, and ground black pepper). Place pan in the Bottom Zone and confirm Broil for 5 minutes
4) After broiling, remove prime rib from packaging, reserving the liquid from the packaging in a small bowl. Thinly slice prime rib.
5) Gently stir potatoes, butter, and milk together. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and divide between plates.
6) Divide prime rib and green beans between plates and drizzle each serving with the reserved liquid. Sprinkle the truffle zest on the potatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 32g, Total Sodium 370mg, Total Protein 45g.