Ground turkey only needs a little extra coaxing to be transformed into a delicious and moist meatloaf. Broiled mushrooms, onions, and worcestershire sauce add rich, umami flavors to the meatloaf, while red pepper flakes add a touch of heat. Structural ingredients such as panko breadcrumbs, egg, and milk hold it all together. We glaze the meatloaf with a mixture of ketchup, vinegar, and sugar and broil for a sweet and tangy finish.
Note: If you would like to schedule this meal but do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, saute the garlic, onion, mushrooms, vegetable oil, and ½ tsp salt in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until softened, about 6 minutes, instead of broiling in Step 1.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 medium cremini mushrooms, about 3 oz, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp milk, any percentage
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground turkey, 93% lean
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
1) In a Suvie pan stir together garlic, onion, mushrooms, vegetable oil, and ½ tsp salt.
Insert pan into the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note: Do not fill reservoir before broiling.
2) Remove pan from Suvie and transfer mushroom mixture to a large bowl, reserving Suvie pan. Add the panko, milk, egg, worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and ½ tsp salt.
Stir until incorporated.
Add the turkey and fold gently until incorporated.
3) Spray empty Suvie pan with cooking spray and then transfer to pan, pressing into corners. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 2 hours
Starch; 0 minutes
4) While the meatloaf cooks, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, and cider vinegar.
5) After the meatloaf has finished cooking, drain liquid from pan and spread glaze over the top.
Return pan to your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, or until fragrant and spotty brown.
Allow meatloaf to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Alternative Oven Cooking Instructions:
- Saute the garlic, onion, mushrooms, vegetable oil, and ½ tsp salt in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until softened, about 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the panko, egg, milk, worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, mushroom mixture, and ½ tsp salt until combined. Gently stir in the ground turkey.
- Transfer meatloaf to a loaf pan and bake in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Stir ketchup, cider vinegar, and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Brush glaze over the meatloaf and continue to bake until browned and fragrant, about 15 minutes more. Allow meatloaf to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 260, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 14g, Total Sodium 1120mg, Total Protein 25g