Tzatziki is a classic Greek sauce made with thick yogurt, cucumber, and lemon. Flavored with fresh garlic and bright dill it’s a popular addition to gyros and souvlaki. It can also be used as a refreshing dip, perfect for pita chips. This recipe comes together quickly and will keep in your fridge for up to a week.
Please always check your food to ensure your food has been cooked to safe serving temperatures. Please see our guide here for recommended FDA Time & Temperatures.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mince the garlic and add to a large bowl with the lemon juice.
- Grate the cucumber with the large holes of a box grater.
- Add the grated cucumber to the bowl with the garlic and add the yogurt, dill, olive oil, and salt.
- Stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
CategoriesGreek Sides Vegetarian