These fresh and fun lettuce wraps are filled with flavorful beef patties seasoned with oyster sauce, scallions, curry powder, and fish sauce. A tangy, sweet, and spicy sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the savory beef patties, and a medley of crunchy fresh vegetables and sunny herbs ensures fresh flavor in every bite.
Vietnamese Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 ¼ lb lean ground beef, 90%
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small bird’s eye chili, minced
1) In a large bowl, mix together 1 ¼ lb beef, ¼ cup scallions, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp fish sauce, ½ tsp white pepper, and ¼ tsp kosher salt.
2) Form mixture into small patties, about 2″ wide and ½” thick, making an indentation in the middle of each patty with your thumb (you should have about 12 patties total). Divide between two greased Suvie pans. Place pans in Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 14 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 14 minutes
3) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp granulated sugar, ¼ cup hot water, 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 small clove minced garlic, and 1 small bird’s eye chili, minced. Set aside.
4) Divide bibb lettuce leaves between plates. Remove pan from Suvie and allow patties to rest for 5 minutes. Divide beef between plates along with carrot, bell pepper, basil, cilantro, and peanuts. Drizzle with reserved sauce just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 14g, Total Sodium 590mg, Total Protein 32g.