This rich and tangy chicken dish gets its zip from a bracing amount of red wine vinegar. We paired our chicken with juicy green olives, which add a burst of briny rich flavor to round out the tart chicken. Be sure to sear the chicken until well browned in Step 1. This first sear helps to develop deep complex flavors in the finished sauce.
- 1 ½ lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup green pitted olives
1) Pat chicken dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the chicken skin-side down and sear for 4 minutes, or until chicken releases from the pan. Transfer to a Suvie pan.
2) Reduce heat to low and add the onion, stirring to coat in oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add the vinegar and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour onion mixture, broth, and olives around chicken. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 2 hours
3) After the cook, divide chicken between plates, spoon pan sauces around chicken, and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 33g, Total Carbohydrates 3g, Total Sodium 260mg, Total Protein 29g.