This dish is crunchy, fresh, and filling, basically everything we want in an entree salad. Kale and radicchio are the ideal choice in this salad because they are hearty enough to stand up to the warm steak without wilting. Pecans and pomegranate seeds add crunchiness and sweetness to the earthy greens and savory beef. A creamy Dijon dressing adds just enough brightness to liven everything up; double the dressing if you’d like to have extra to drizzle on roasted vegetables or grain bowls.
Winter Steak Salad
- 2 (5 oz) sirloin steaks, vacuum sealed
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup torn radicchio leaves
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, and cover with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
2) While the steak cooks, prepare the dressing. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a jar and shake until emulsified. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
3) After the cook, remove steaks from packaging and pat dry thoroughly.
Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add steaks and cook for 1-2 minute per side until well browned. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and cut into slices.
4) Divide kale and radicchio between two plates. Drizzle with dressing, turning with your hands or tongs to coat. Top greens with sliced steak, pecans, pomegranate seeds, and drizzle with extra dressing.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 130°F for 1 hour”
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 680mg, Total Protein 38g