Za’atar, an aromatic spice blend of oregano, marjoram, cumin, and sesame seeds, pairs perfectly with our rich and velvety herb butter sauce to create a truly decadent roast chicken meal. This recipe will brighten up any plate with purple and pink radishes alongside vibrant yellow pearl couscous.
Za'atar Chicken with Herb Butter Sauce and Roasted Radishes
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 bunches easter egg radishes, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ lbs bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1) Place 1 cup pearl couscous and ½ tsp turmeric into the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place the lid on top. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker on the hot plate, close the door, ensure drain tray is in place. Input settings and hit “Cook”.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Couscous, Pearl, 1 Cup
2) Add 2 bunches of radishes to a Suvie pan. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and season with a pinch of kosher salt, ¼ tsp white pepper, and ½ tsp garlic powder. Insert pan into bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over 1½ lbs chicken breasts and season with 1 tsp za’atar, kosher salt, and pepper. Place the chicken breasts in a Suvie pan and insert the pan into the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 50 minutes
4) After the couscous has cooked, remove pot from the Suvie Starch Cooker and fluff with a fork.
5) After cooking, remove the pans from your Suvie. Remove the chicken breasts from the Suvie pan, and allow to rest 10 minutes. Add 4 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp fresh thyme to the chicken drippings in the Suvie pan and stir. Return pan to Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, until the herb butter sauce is warm and fragrant.
6) To serve, divide radishes and couscous between plates. Top each serving of couscous with a chicken breast and drizzle herb butter sauce over each serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 535, Total Fat 26.5g, Total Carbohydrates 26.6g, Total Sodium 230.4mg, Total Protein 39.8g