Farro is a delicious grain prized for its tender, chewy bite and flavor. This breakfast bowl is packed with protein from the eggs and cheese, dark leafy greens, and whole grains to power you through your day. This can feel like a lot of garlic first thing in the morning, but swiss chard’s earthy flavor stands up well to the sharpness of the garlic and lemon. Change up your sweet breakfast morning routine and try out this hearty savory breakfast.
Ancient Grain Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 bunch swiss chard, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon
1) Add farro and 2 tsp salt to starch pan, place in lower right zone. Combine sliced swiss chard, garlic, and ½ tsp salt in a Suvie pan, place in upper left zone. Add eggs to a Suvie pan, cover with water and place in upper right zone.
2) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone
Protein: 150˚F, 45 minutes
Veg: 20 minutes
Starch: 45 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the eggs from Suvie and run under cold water for 1 minute to stop the cooking. Remove the swiss chard from Suvie and drain as much liquid as possible. In a large bowl combine the farro and swiss chard with 2 tbsp olive oil, grated parmesan, and juice from ½ lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Divide farro between bowls, top with the sliced tomatoes and an egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cut the remaining lemon into wedges and serve.