These melty and tart stuffed cutlets are the perfect way to welcome the fall season without all of the prep that comes with a normal turkey dinner. With this recipe, we’ve used lean turkey breast cutlets as a wrap for seasonal granny smith apples and gooey flavor-rich brie. Take this meal to the next level and pair it with a delicious chardonnay or sauvignon blanc.
Apple and Brie Stuffed Turkey Cutlets
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 4 oz brie, cut into 12 slices, ¼” thick
- 1 granny smith apple, halved, cut half into 12 slices total ¼ in each and grate other half
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 oz arugula
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup roasted pecans, roughly chopped
1) Lay turkey cutlet flat on cutting board. Place 4 brie slices and 4 apple slices on one side of turkey cutlet and fold other half of cutlet over brie and apple.
Season turkey cutlet with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining cutlets, apples, and cheese. Vacuum seal cutlets (here’s our DIY vacuum sealing guide), place in a Suvie pan, and load into upper right cooking zone. Cover with water.
2) In another Suvie pan, stir together cranberries, mustard, maple syrup, and grated apple. Load pan into upper left cooking zone.
3) Put rice in starch pan and load into bottom right cooking zone.
4) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 165°F, 1 hour
Vegetable: 30 minutes
Starch: 35 minutes
5) After cook, remove turkey cutlets from Suvie pan and bag, pat pan dry, return turkey to pan, and place in upper right cooking zone. Remove cranberry mix from Suvie, lightly mash with a fork, stir, and return to upper left cooking zone. Broil turkey and cranberry sauce 10 minutes, until browned.
6) To serve, divide rice and salad between plates. Lay turkey on rice and top with cranberry sauce. Garnish with pecans.
Alternative Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay turkey cutlet flat on cutting board. Place 4 brie slices and 4 apple slices on one side of turkey cutlet and fold other half of cutlet over brie and apple. Season turkey cutlet with salt and pepper, then place in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cranberries, mustard, maple syrup, and grated apple with a spatula. Empty bowl into baking dish around turkey cutlets.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F. Broil turkey and cranberry sauce on low heat 10 minutes, until browned.
- In a medium pot, add 2 cups water, 1 cup brown rice, and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring rice and water to a boil, reduce to low heat, and simmer covered for 45 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand covered for 10 minutes before fluffing with fork.
- To serve, divide rice and salad between plates. Lay turkey on rice and top with cranberry sauce. Garnish with pecans.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 702, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 93g, Total Sodium 389mg, Total Protein 41g