These melty and tart stuffed cutlets are the perfect way to welcome the fall season without all of the prep that comes with a normal turkey dinner. With this recipe, we’ve used lean turkey breast cutlets as a wrap for seasonal granny smith apples and gooey flavor-rich brie. Take this meal to the next level and pair it with a delicious chardonnay or sauvignon blanc.
Apple and Brie Stuffed Turkey Cutlets
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 4 oz brie, cut into 12 slices, ¼” thick
- 1 granny smith apple, halved, cut 1 half into twelve 1/4″ thick slices and grate other half
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 oz arugula
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup roasted pecans, roughly chopped
1) Lay turkey cutlet flat on cutting board. Place 4 brie slices and 4 apple slices on one side of turkey cutlet and fold other half of cutlet over brie and apple.
2) Season turkey cutlet with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining cutlets, apples, and cheese. Vacuum seal cutlets, place in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and load into top zone of Suvie.
3) In a second Suvie pan, stir together cranberries, mustard, maple syrup, and grated apple. Load pan into bottom zone of Suvie. Enter cook settings and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 165°F, 2 hours
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 165°F, 2 hours
4) Place 1 cup brown rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Brown, 1 Cup
5) After cooking, remove turkey cutlets from Suvie and pat pan dry. Return turkey to pan and place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Remove cranberry mix from Suvie, lightly mash with a fork, stir, and return to bottom zone. Broil turkey and cranberry sauce for 10 minutes, or until browned.
6) To serve, divide rice and salad between plates. Lay turkey on rice and top with cranberry sauce. Garnish with pecans.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 702, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 93g, Total Sodium 389mg, Total Protein 41g