Cozy up to this fall harvest inspired dinner filled with tart apples, sweet butternut squash, and rich pork chops. We’ve finished our pork chops with slow cooked apple butter using the sugars in the apple butter to create a beautiful deep golden brown caramelization on the meat. And to balance out the dominant sweet and salty flavors, we’ve added a light and fresh lemon arugula salad that comes together in a matter of minutes. Keep the leftover apple squash mash in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Apple Butter Glazed Pork Chops
- 3 bone-in pork chops, about ¾” thick
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped shallot
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 honeycrisp apples, peeled, cut into ½” cubes
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into ½” cubes
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 6 tbsp apple butter
- 4 cups lightly packed arugula
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
1) Pat pork chops dry and season generously with 2 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Vacuum seal chops with 2 tbsp butter, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp shallot, and 2 sprigs thyme. Place vacuum-sealed pork in a Suvie pan, and cover with water. Place pan into the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Add 2 honeycrisp apples and 4 cups butternut squash to a Suvie pan. Pour ⅓ cup chicken broth into the pan and place pan in top zone of Suvie.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 140°F for 1 hour 30 minutes
Top Zone: Steam for 1 hour
3) Once the pork chops have finished cooking, remove vacuum bag from your Suvie and pat dry thoroughly. Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the pan. Remove pork chops from vacuum bag and spread 1 tbsp apple butter on both sides of the pork chops. Place pork chops in the pan and sear until browned, about 60 seconds. Flip and cook the other side for 60 seconds.
4) While the pork chops are resting, use a potato masher or fork to mash apple and butternut squash mixture until combined and slightly chunky.
5) In a large bowl, gently toss 4 cups arugula with 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) To serve, divide mash, arugula salad, and pork chops between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (3 servings per recipe): Calories 491, Total Fat 22.6g, Total Carbohydrates 47.3g, Total Sodium 758.4mg, Total Protein 25.8g