The warm, nutty, and sweet aroma of these breakfast bars will make you feel like you’re in your favorite pastry shop. Creamy Greek yogurt makes the perfect accompaniment whether you decide to slather the yogurt on top of each bar or dunk the bars directly into the yogurt; both techniques are absolutely acceptable! When you only have time to grab your keys and go, keep it simple by pairing these bars with single-serve Greek yogurt packs for a complete meal. If roasted hazelnuts are difficult to find, raw hazelnuts can be roasted on a rimmed baking sheet at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
Apricot and Hazelnut Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups Greek yogurt
1) Combine 1 cup hazelnuts and ½ cup old-fashioned oats in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 15 times until finely ground.
2) Add coconut oil, apricots, banana, honey, vanilla, and salt to food processor. Pulse 15 times until well combined. Stir in remaining oats.
3) Line Suvie pan with lightly oiled parchment paper. Press oat mix into bottom of pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
4) After the cook, roughly chop remaining 2 tbsp hazelnuts. Sprinkle hazelnuts, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt over oat bars, pressing gently to adhere. Return pan to Suvie and broil 5-7 minutes, until sugar and nuts are slightly browned.
5) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool 5 minutes. Transfer bars to a cutting board and slice. To serve, divide greek yogurt and bars between dishes.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 510, Total Fat 22.3g, Total Carbohydrates 70.8g, Total Sodium 123mg, Total Protein 5.4g