This breakfast is like a cross between shakshuka and your favorite diner dish. Eggs are nestled into diced hash browns and baked until set. Top the eggs with parmesan cheese to bump up the salty, savory factor. If you’re looking for different iterations of this dish, try adding diced bell pepper, crumbled cooked sausages, or shredded cheese to the potatoes. You can easily double this recipe by utilizing a second Suvie pan.
Baked Eggs in Hash Browns
- 4 cups frozen diced hash browns
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the hash browns, shallot, shredded cheese, vegetable oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp black pepper. Transfer potato mixture to one of the top zones of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
HIGH, 1 hour
Starch: 0 minutes
- Ten minutes before the cook is scheduled to end, remove pan from your Suvie and make 4 deep wells in the potato mixture. Crack eggs into the wells and season with salt and pepper. Return pan to your Suvie.
- Once the cook has finished, sprinkle parmesan on top of the potatoes and broil eggs for 5 minutes, or until whites are set and parmesan is just starting to brown.
- Divide eggs and hashbrowns between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 523, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 48g, Total Sodium 1506mg, Total Protein 23g