Turns out Italian sausages aren’t only meant for red sauces and lasagnas. This week, try our twist on bangers and mash where we’ve subbed out the potato in favor of cauliflower. And for a little extra zing, we finished the dish off with a tangy whole grain mustard sauce.
Note: We do not recommend scheduling the cauliflower mash, as the Suvie Starch Cooker cannot refrigerate.
Bangers and Cauliflower Mash
- 4 Italian sausages
- 10 oz asparagus
- 12 oz cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
1) Vacuum seal Italian sausages and place in a Suvie pan. Cover sausages completely with water and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Pour 1/3 cup water into a second Suvie pan. Place roasting rack into the pan (handle side down). Place asparagus on the rack and load pan into the top zone of Suvie. Enter cook settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Steam for 12 minutes
3) Place 1/2 cup water in the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Nestle the Suvie starch strainer in the rice pot and place cauliflower florets inside. Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Steam, 15 minutes
4) After the cook, remove sausages from pan and wipe pan dry. Remove sausages from packaging and return to pan along with juices. In a medium bowl, mix mustards, honey, and chicken broth together and stir into pan with sausages. Return pan to Suvie.
5) Drizzle oil over asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Return pan to Suvie. Broil sausages and asparagus for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
6) During broil, pulse steamed cauliflower and butter in a food processor until smooth, about 6-8 pulses. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) After the broil, remove sausages and asparagus from Suvie. Divide cauliflower mash and asparagus between three plates and top with sausages. Garnish with extra pan sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (3 servings per recipe): Calories 595, Total Fat 38g, Total Carbohydrates 16g, Total Sodium 1114mg, Total Protein 41g