These tangy and sweet chicken breasts make for a quick and delicious meal. We poach the chicken directly in the barbecue sauce to infuse them with flavor and serve them with a side of rice and beans. We cook the rice and beans separately in the Suvie and then stir them together just before serving. Garnish this dish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a shower of cilantro for a satisfying and flavor-packed meal. Note that although there is no set time for the vegetables, the beans will receive residual heat from the protein zone, thereby cooking at 160°F degrees. Want to make your own BBQ sauce? Our How-To Guide has three different varieties to keep things interesting.
Note: If you would like, add 1-2 tsps homemade BBQ Seasoning to add even more flavor to this delicious meal.
BBQ Chicken Breasts with Rice and Beans
- 2 (7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
1) Pat 2 chicken breasts dry and season liberally with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Transfer chicken to a Suvie pan and coat with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Place pan into the top bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Transfer 1 can black beans (with liquid), 2 tsp chili powder, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper to a second Suvie pan, stirring to combine. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
3) Place 1 cup long grain rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Cover the pot with a lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long grain, 1 cup
4) After the cook, remove rice and beans from your Suvie. Broil chicken for 10-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
4) Stir rice into beans, season with salt and pepper to taste, and divide between plates. Divide chicken between plates and garnish with cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 800, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 134g, Total Sodium 1680mg, Total Protein 66g