These tangy and sweet chicken breasts make for a quick and delicious meal. We poach the chicken directly in the barbecue sauce to infuse them with flavor and serve them with a side of rice and beans. We cook the rice and beans separately in the Suvie and then stir them together just before serving. Garnish this dish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a shower of cilantro for a satisfying and flavor-packed meal. Note that although there is no set time for the vegetables, the beans will receive residual heat from the protein zone, thereby cooking at 160°F degrees.
BBQ Chicken Breasts with Rice and Beans
- 2 (7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup long grain rice
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
1) Pat chicken dry and season liberally with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Transfer chicken to a Suvie pan and coat with barbecue sauce. Insert pan into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Transfer black beans (with liquid), chili powder, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper to a second Suvie pan, stirring to combine. Insert pan into the top left zone of your Suvie. Place rice in a starch pan and insert into the bottom right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
3) After the cook, remove rice and beans from your Suvie. Broil chicken for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
4) Stir rice into beans, season with salt and pepper to taste, and divide between plates. Divide chicken between plates and garnish with cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 800, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 134g, Total Sodium 1680mg, Total Protein 66g