This is a home-cooked version of the crispy, crunchy delicious burrito you can get at your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant. This is the comfort food burrito of our dreams: layers of refried beans and seasoned ground beef are drizzled with nacho cheese, then stuffed into crispy hard shell tacos and smothered in sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and Mexican cheese. You can also make this a burrito bowl by combining all the ingredients in a bowl over rice or shredded lettuce. Happy burrito night from Suvie!
Note: If you would like, add 1-2 tsps homemade Taco Seasoning to add even more flavor to this delicious meal.
Beef and Bean Burrito
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup refried beans
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- ½ cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- 2 tostada shells or hard taco shells broken into pieces
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1) In a Suvie pan combine ground beef, taco seasoning, and salt. Insert pan into your Suvie and broil for 15 minutes stirring halfway through the cook.
2) Add refried beans to separate Suvie pan. Add nacho cheese sauce to sauce pan. Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 45 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. To assemble the burritos add a layer of refried beans to each tortilla.
4) Top with ground beef. Drizzle with nacho cheese then add broken shells on top of cheese. Dollop with sour cream, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese.
5) Fold tortilla to form a burrito. For extra crunch, brush burritos with vegetable oil and broil in Suvie for 7 minutes until crispy or fry in a skillet on your stovetop.
To make this recipe on the stovetop: heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the ground beef, taco seasoning, and kosher salt and cook for 8 minutes or until beef is cooked through. Warm refried beans and nacho cheese sauce separately in the microwave or stovetop. Spread a layer of refried beans over each tortilla followed by ground beef, nacho cheese, hard shell tacos, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Wrap up tortillas to form burritos and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pans into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 45 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 581, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 49.9g, Total Sodium 1398.6mg, Total Protein 35.5g