This is a home-cooked version of the crispy, crunchy delicious burrito you can get at your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant. This is the comfort food burrito of our dreams: layers of refried beans and seasoned ground beef are drizzled with nacho cheese, then stuffed into crispy hard shell tacos and smothered in sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and Mexican cheese. You can also make this a burrito bowl by combining all the ingredients in a bowl over rice or shredded lettuce. Happy burrito night from Suvie!
Note: If you would like, add 1-2 tsps homemade Taco Seasoning to add even more flavor to this delicious meal.
Beef and Bean Burrito
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- 2 hard taco shells broken into 4 pieces or tortilla chips
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1) In a Suvie pan combine 1 lb ground beef, 2 tsp taco seasoning, and 1 tsp salt. Insert pan into your Suvie and broil for 15 minutes stirring halfway through the cook. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Add 1 cup refried beans to separate Suvie pan. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 45 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie and drain off excess oil from pan with beef. To assemble the burritos, spread a layer of refried beans over each warmed tortilla. Top refried beans with ground beef.
4) Drizzle the nacho cheese on top of the beef then add broken shells on top of cheese. Dollop sour cream, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese over the tortilla shells.
5) Fold and roll tortilla to form a burrito. For extra crunch, brush burritos with vegetable oil and broil in Suvie for 7 minutes until crispy or fry in a skillet on your stovetop.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pans into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 45 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 581, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 49.9g, Total Sodium 1398.6mg, Total Protein 35.5g