This oatmeal is packed with berries and brown sugar for a sweet start to your morning. We top our oatmeal with toasted pecans for a satisfying crunch; be sure to watch the pecans closely during the broiling step, as they can go from brown to burnt in an instant. We use a mix of thawed, frozen berries, but you can use fresh if you prefer. The toppings are the fun part, so don’t feel restricted to what we have chosen: nut butter, toasted coconut, and chia seeds would also make great additions to this dish.
Berry Packed Oatmeal
- 1 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz frozen mixed berries, thawed
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, 4 cups water, 2 tbsp light brown sugar, vanilla, and ⅛ tsp salt. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
2) Scatter thawed berries over the oatmeal. Insert pan into your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 30 minutes
3) After the oatmeal has finished cooking, sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp sugar and pecans over the top of the oatmeal. Return pan to your Suvie and broil for 7 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until fragrant.
4) Remove pan from your Suvie, divide oatmeal between bowls and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 47g, Total Sodium 95mg, Total Protein 9g