For a light and refreshing meal full of flavor and textures, try this recipe for Black Pepper Pork Chops with Zucchini Salad. Fresh zucchini is shaved into long, thin ribbons and tossed with Pecorino cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, and honey for a crunchy, fresh side dish with a sweet, sour, and savory vibes. Generously coating the pork chops in black pepper brings some welcome spiciness to this delicious meal.
Black Pepper Pork Chops with Zucchini Salad
- 2 (7 oz) pork chops, vacuum sealed
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 oz Pecorino cheese, peeled
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
1) Place pork in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 135°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) Just before the pork is done cooking, peel zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3) After the pork is done cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry. Rub black pepper and kosher salt evenly over both chops. Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron or heavy-bottom skillet until just smoking. Add chops and sear 1 minute per side until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board.
4) Add Pecorino cheese to bowl with zucchini. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, and honey evenly over the zucchini. Season to taste with salt and divide between plates. Top each serving with a pork chop and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 380, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 4g, Total Sodium 1190mg, Total Protein 1190g.