Our classic biscuit recipe gets the all-star treatment with the addition of scallions, monterey jack cheese, and freshly ground black pepper. The resulting biscuits are cheesy, spicy, and aromatic. These tender, flaky biscuits taste great on their own, but would also work well in breakfast sandwiches or with gravy spooned over the top.
Black Pepper, Scallion, and Cheese Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp roughly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes, plus 1 tbsp melted
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 4 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk, chilled
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together 2½ cups all purpose flour, 1¼ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp sugar. Add 6 tbsp butter and toss to coat in flour. Smash butter pieces flat with your fingers work into the flour until pea-sized. Stir in ¼ cup sliced scallions and 4 oz shredded cheese.
2) Add 1½ cups chilled buttermilk to mixture and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Press biscuit dough into the pan with a rubber spatula.
3) Using a knife or bench scraper, cut dough into 6 portions. Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake for 400°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) Remove pan from your Suvie, brush with 1 tbsp melted butter, rotate pan, and return to Suvie. Broil biscuits for 5 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove biscuits with a thin, metal spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes more.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 200mg, Total Protein 12g.