This easy one bowl recipe yields fluffy and light biscuits without the hassle of having to roll and cut dough. Simply pat the biscuit dough into the pan, precut, bake, cool, and then pull apart. We provide an optional broiling step after baking for those who like a crunchy top to finish their biscuits. Serve your biscuits with jam for a sweet start to your day, or with butter and black pepper for a savory side at your next cookout.
Pull Apart Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes, chilled
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk, chilled
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together 2½ cups all purpose flour, 1¼ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1¼ tsp salt, and 1 tsp sugar. Add butter and toss to coat in flour. Smash butter pieces flat with your fingers work into the flour until pea-sized.
2) Add 1½ cups chilled buttermilk to mixture and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Press biscuit dough into the pan with a rubber spatula.
3) Using a knife or bench scraper, cut dough into 6 portions. Insert pan into the top zone of your Suvie and input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake for 325°F for 0 minutes
Top Zone: Bake for 325°F for 30 minutes
4) For soft biscuits from top to bottom, remove pan from your Suvie and let cool for 5 minutes; for fluffy biscuits with a crunchy top, rotate pan and broil biscuits for 2 minutes, or until browned and crisp before cooling in pan for 5 minutes. Remove biscuits with a thin, metal spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes more. Brush with additional butter if desired and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 310, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 490mg, Total Protein 7g.