This rich and custardy strata is a sweet breakfast treat. A mixture of butter, maple syrup, vanilla, milk, and eggs surround tender brioche bread punctuated with tart bursts of blueberry. We finish the strata by quickly broiling it to caramelize the sugars on top for a crunchy crisp contrast to the pudding-like filling. For a dairy-free version, substitute soy or almond milk for the cow’s milk and coconut oil for the butter.
Blueberry Maple Breakfast Strata
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk, any percentage
- 4 large eggs
- ½ loaf challah or brioche, cut into 1-inch cubes, about 2 cups or 7 oz
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk, ¼ tsp salt, and eggs until smooth.
2) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and arrange challah in the pan.
Pour milk mixture over the eggs.
Fold berries into the pan, ensuring each piece of bread is soaked in the milk mixture.
Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 1 hour
Starch: 0 minutes
3) After the strata has finished cooking, sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
Return to your Suvie, and broil for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan from front to back, until browned and bubbling.
4) Cut strata into pieces and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 410, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 48g, Total Sodium 570mg, Total Protein 14g