For a delicious and filling start to your day, try a breakfast burrito packed with eggs, cheese, beans, and salsa. The eggs and monterey jack are cooked together in one pan until creamy and cheesy. In a separate pan, the refried beans are simmered with cumin and chili powder to further infuse them with flavor. The final step of wrapping up all those delicious components into a burrito can be tricky; follow along with the photos below to get the hang of it. If things get messy, this meal is still delicious eaten with a fork!
- 6 large eggs
- 4 oz monterey jack, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ cup salsa
- 4 large flour tortillas
1) In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and 1/2 tsp salt together until smooth. Stir monterey jack cheese into the eggs. Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and pour egg mixture into the pan. Insert pan into your Suvie.
2) Stir refried beans, chili powder, cumin, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and 1 tbsp water together in a separate Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
3) After the cook, remove all pans from your Suvie. Unwrap tortillas on a large cutting board. Divide eggs, beans, and salsa between the tortillas. Wrap up and serve (burritos can be wrapped in foil if desired).
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 620, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 69g, Total Sodium 2260mg, Total Protein 30g