For a fun and easy weeknight dinner try our recipe for cheeseburger pie. This meal has everything you want in a cheeseburger, but without the bun and all the hands-on attention: rich and meaty beef, gooey cheese, tangy pickles, and all the condiments you want. Simply load this recipe the night before or in the morning and have it ready when you get home. The beef and onions get broiled to finish and then mixed together with the noodles and cheese to melt. To finish our burger pie, we like to top it off with tangy dill pickles, mustard, and ketchup, but use any variety you please or forgo the toppings entirely, it’s plenty delicious on its own!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups grated monterey jack, cheddar, or American cheese
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 3 cups optional toppings: shredded lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mustard
1) In a medium bowl, stir together 1 lb ground beef, 1 chopped onion, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper. Divide mixture between two Suvie pans. Place pans in Suvie, input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High, 1 hour and 30 minutes
2) Add 3 cups egg noodles to the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place pot in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Enter cook settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 3 Cups, 8 minutes
3) After the beef has finished cooking, pour off any excess liquid from the pan and broil beef for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
4) Combine beef, noodles, and cheese together in a large bowl, stirring to incorporate. Divide cheeseburger pie between plates and serve with toppings.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 19g, Total Sodium 1137mg, Total Protein 25g.