Creamy, cheesy corn casserole makes the best side dish for slow cooked ribs, roast chicken, or pulled pork. We made this recipe gluten free by using masa harina instead of flour. If you’d prefer, you can substitute an equal amount of all purpose flour for the masa.
Cheesy Corn Casserole
- ¼ cup masa harina
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 6 oz Monterey or pepper jack cheese, grated, divided
1) In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup masa harina, ¼ cup cornmeal, 1 tsp baking powder, ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
2) In the bowl of a food processor, blend together half (8 oz) corn kernels and half the scallions until chunky and thick, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl halfway through. .
3) In a large bowl, whisk together corn puree, ½ cup sour cream, 1 egg, 1 tbsp unsalted butter, half the cheese (3 oz), and remaining corn kernels and scallions. Stir corn mixture into the flour until combined. Transfer mixture to a grease Suvie pan and sprinkle remaining 3 oz cheese over the top. Place pan in the bottom of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) Remove casserole from Suvie and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 430mg, Total Protein 12g.