Enjoy this classic takeout dish from the comfort of your own home with the help of Suvie. A flavorful mixture of lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, and tamarind paste deliver all the tangy, savory, sweet, and salty flavors you know and love in pad thai. If you have difficulty finding tamarind paste, you can substitute it by increasing the amount of lime juice to 2 tbsp.
Chicken Pad Thai
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, vacuum sealed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 oz wide rice noodles
- 2 cups mung beans
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
1) Place 1 vacuum-sealed chicken breast in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 4 oz rice noodles in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 1 Cup, 5 minutes
2) While the chicken cooks, whisk 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp tamarind paste, 2 tbsp brown sugar, and 2 tbsp fish sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
3) After the cook, remove chicken from packaging, pat dry, and cut into cubes. Run rice noodles under cool water and separate any strands that may be stuck together. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the rice noodles followed by the reserved fish sauce mixture, stirring to incorporate, cook for 2-3 minutes or until noodles are coated and warmed through.
4) Divide noodles between plates and top with chicken, mung beans, peanuts, and cilantro. Garnish with fresh lime juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 65g, Total Sodium 1750mg, Total Protein 30g