Enjoy this classic takeout dish from the comfort of your own home with the help of Suvie. A flavorful mixture of lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, and tamarind paste deliver all the tangy, savory, sweet, and salty flavors you know and love in pad thai. If you have difficulty finding tamarind paste, you can substitute it by increasing the amount of lime juice to 2 tbsp.
Chicken Pad Thai
- 7 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, vacuum sealed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 oz wide rice noodles
- 2 cups mung beans
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place rice noodles in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 5 minutes
2) While the chicken cooks, whisk lime juice, tamarind paste, brown sugar, and fish sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
3) After the cook, remove chicken from packaging, pat dry, and cut into cubes. Run rice noodles under cool water and separate any strands that may be stuck together. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the rice noodles followed by the reserved flash sauce mixture, stirring to incorporate, cook for 2-3 minutes or until noodles are coated and warmed through.
4) Divide noodles between plates and top with chicken, mung beans, peanuts, and cilantro. Garnish with fresh lime juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 65g, Total Sodium 1750mg, Total Protein 30g