For a fast, easy, and portable version of chicken parm, skip the deep frying and roast your chicken in Suvie instead. The roasting racks elevate the chicken close to the broiler element so that they cook through quickly. We liked ciabatta rolls for our chicken parm sandwiches because they are soft and chewy, but can take on lots of sauce without getting soggy.
Chicken Parm Sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup marinara sauce, room temperature
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ciabatta rolls, cut in half
- 1 tbsp chopped basil, to serve
1) Lay 2 chicken breasts flat on a cutting board, and slice horizontally into 4 thin pieces. Pat chicken dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese, ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
2) Set two Suvie roasting racks in two Suvie pans and mist with cooking spray. Dredge chicken in the panko mixture until fully coated, pressing firmly on the chicken to adhere, and place on prepared racks. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove chicken and set aside. Place each ciabatta half, cut-side up on a Suvie roasting rack in a Suvie pan and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Insert into Suvie and broil for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
4) Remove ciabattas from Suvie and top each bottom half with a dollop of marinara, followed by two chicken breasts. Spread remaining marinara sauce over the chicken breasts followed by 1 oz of mozzarella per sandwich. Transfer sandwiches to a clean, dry Suvie pan. Broil sandwiches until cheese is melted, browned, and bubbling, about 8 minutes.
5) Remove pan from Suvie and top sandwiches with remaining ciabatta halves. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 750, Total Fat 35g, Total Carbohydrates 49g, Total Sodium 2050mg, Total Protein 62g.