This recipe brings together everything you love about a taco on one hearty plate: shredded chicken, cheese, rice, beans, lettuce, and pico de gallo. We’ve kept most of the components separate, but this dish would be as equally delicious with everything mixed together. We love Monterey jack cheese for its melty texture and milky flavor, but If you can’t find it you can substitute with shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese for a little kick.
Chicken Taco Plate
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, separated
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 lime
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
1) Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Vacuum seal chicken with 1 tbsp vegetable oil, place in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Stir 1 can black beans, 2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper together in a second Suvie pan and place in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
3) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 Cup
4) Just before the chicken finishes cooking, tear the romaine into bite size pieces. Juice half the lime into a medium bowl and whisk in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to make a simple vinaigrette. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Remove rice from your Suvie and pour the beans into the pot, stirring to incorporate. Squeeze remaining lime half over the rice and beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Toss the romaine in the vinaigrette and then divide between plates. Divide rice and beans between plates and top with Monterey jack. Divide chicken between plates and spoon pico de gallo over each serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 500, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 516mg, Total Protein 39g