Packed with plump raisins and spicy cinnamon, cinnamon raisin bread is a great way to impart lots of flavor into a strata without having to use a ton of extra ingredients. Flavoring the strata with maple syrup and vanilla complements the warm flavors in the bread and pairs perfectly with the crunchy almond topping (swap vanilla extract for almond to really play up the flavor).
Note: If you would like to schedule this dish, but do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, toast the bread in a toaster or under the broiler in a conventional oven until browned instead of broiling in Step 1.
Cinnamon Raisin Strata
- 7 slices cinnamon raisin bread, about 7 oz
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup milk, any percentage
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
1) Cut cinnamon raisin bread into 1″ squares and divide between two Suvie pans.
2) Broil for 5-10 minutes, or until toasted.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk, eggs, and ¼ tsp salt until smooth.
4) Combine bread in one Suvie pan and then pour mixture over bread, folding to coat.
5) Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
6) After the Strata has finished cooking, remove from Suvie and sprinkle brown sugar and almonds over the top.
7) Return to Suvie and broil 5 minutes, or until toasted, rotating pan halfway through cooking (watch closely as this step goes fast!).
8) Cut into pieces and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 320, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 26g, Total Sodium 700mg, Total Protein 12g