This multifaceted dish will be the star side at your next dinner. A bright, citrusy vinaigrette is the perfect dressing for earthy, sweet beets in this delicious dish. The beets are arranged over orzo and sprinkled with salty feta and crunchy almonds for texture and flavor in every bite. To take this side to center stage, top with roast pork tenderloin or serve with slow cooked chicken thighs.
Citrusy Roast Beets Over Orzo
- 1 cup (6 oz) orzo
- 1 lb beets, mixed colors
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus ¼ cup, divided
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup chopped roasted almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
1) Place 1 cup orzo in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 1 cup, 9 minutes
2) Peel 1 lb beets and cut into wedges. Divide beets, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper between 2 Suvie pans. Place pans in Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 450°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 450°F for 30 minutes
3) In a large bowl whisk together 2 tbsp orange juice, 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp honey, ¼ cup olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt until smooth.
4) Remove pans from Suvie. Transfer orzo to a large bowl and stir in ¼ cup dressing. Spread orzo over a serving platter.
5) Add the beets to now-empty bowl and drizzle ¼ cup dressing over. Arrange beets on top of orzo. Sprinkle ¼ cup almonds and ¼ cup feta over the beets and serve, drizzling on extra dressing as desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 46g, Total Sodium 180mg, Total Protein 10g.