This classic macaroni salad recipe is perfect for picnics, barbeques, and cookouts. Lemon juice, red onion, and Dijon mustard add just the right amount of tanginess to offset the creamy mayonnaise. Serve chilled or at room temperature. If desired, this dish can be made up to 4 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Classic Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1) Place macaroni in a starch pan and insert into the bottom right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 120°F for 0 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 10 minutes
2) While the pasta cooks, stir red onion, carrot, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and parsley together in a large bowl. Set aside in the fridge until pasta is done cooking.
3) After the cook, drain pasta well and transfer to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Stir to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 250, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 13g, Total Sodium 370mg, Total Protein 2g.