These orangey, cool, and creamy bars are reminiscent of the creamsicles we enjoyed growing up. We use our classic cheesecake recipe as the base for this recipe, but introduce frozen orange juice concentrate and fresh orange zest for a burst of citrusy flavor. We recommend making these bars the day before you plan to serve them to allow for adequate cooling time.
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup crushed graham cracker crumbs from about 1 sleeve of crackers
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, plus 2 tbsp, separated
- 1 tbsp orange zest
1) Line a Suvie pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine 4 tbsp melted butter, 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, and 1 pinch of salt. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Insert pan into your Suvie and broil for 5-7 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking. Remove pan from Suvie and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine 16 oz softened cream cheese and ⅔ cup granulated sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time followed by ½ cup orange juice concentrate and beat until combined.
3) Set aside ¼ cup batter in a small bowl and pour the remaining batter over the cooled graham cracker crust. Add 2 tbsp remaining orange juice concentrate and orange zest to the batter in the bowl and stir to combine. Gently pour orange batter in lines over the batter in the Suvie pan. Use a toothpick to draw lines back and forth along the pan to form a marbled pattern.
4) Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone:Bake at 300°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 300°F for 0 minutes
5) After the cook, remove pan from your Suvie and set aside to cool to room temperature. Then transfer to refrigerator and cool for at least 4 hours or overnight until well chilled.
6) Transfer creamsicle bars to a cutting board, cut into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 230mg, Total Protein 4g.