This pasta dish is packed with a variety of flavors and textures. The fire roasted tomatoes bring both smokiness and tanginess, the sage delivers fresh herbaceousness, the bacon lends savoriness, and the cream brings, well, creaminess. Together, these components work in harmony to deliver a tangy, smoky, creamy sauce for tender farfalle. If you don’t have farfalle on hand you could use any other medium-sized shaped pasta.
Note: If you would like to schedule this and do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, saute the bacon and sage together in a medium pan over medium-high heat until the bacon is rendered and crisp.
Creamy Bacon Pasta with Sage and Tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage
- 1 (14.5) oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz farfalle
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or half and half
1) Stir bacon and minced fresh sage together in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Pour off and discard and excess oil from the pan.
2) Add diced fire roasted tomatoes, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper to the bacon, stirring to incorporate. Return pan to the top of your Suvie. Place farfalle in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 1 hour
Starch, 16 minutes
6) Remove pans from your Suvie. Whisk cream into tomato mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer farfalle to a large bowl with the tomato mixture, stirring to incorporate. Divide between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 510, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 1330mg, Total Protein 14g