This pasta dish is packed with a variety of flavors and textures. The fire roasted tomatoes bring both smokiness and tanginess, the sage delivers fresh herbaceousness, the bacon lends savoriness, and the cream brings, well, creaminess. Together, these components work in harmony to deliver a tangy, smoky, creamy sauce for tender farfalle. If you don’t have farfalle on hand you could use any other medium-sized shaped pasta.
Creamy Bacon Pasta with Sage and Tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage
- 1 (14.5) oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz farfalle
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or half and half
1) Stir 4 slices chopped bacon and 1 tsp minced fresh sage together in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through until bacon is rendered and crisp. Pour off and discard the excess oil from the pan.
2) Add 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper to the bacon, stirring to incorporate. Return pan to the bottom of Suvie. Input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High, 1 hour
3) Place 2 oz farfalle in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 1 cup, 10 minutes
4) Remove pans from your Suvie. Whisk 1 tbsp cream into tomato mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer farfalle to a large bowl with the tomato mixture, stirring to incorporate. Divide between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 510, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 1330mg, Total Protein 14g