We love to make baked chicken tenders when we get a hankering for fried chicken, but don’t want to heat up half a gallon of oil. We replicate the crispy crunch of the fryer with plenty of panko breadcrumbs. To streamline the recipe and save some time, we forgo the multistep process of dipping, dredging, and battering our chicken by using a thick liquid base of mayo, egg, ranch, flour, and a little bit of sugar to help with browning. We serve our tenders with a side of ranch, but we’re also down for honey-mustard, sweet Thai chili, or barbecue sauce.
Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing, plus extra for serving.
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 lb chicken tenders
1) Set two Suvie roasting racks into two Suvie pans and mist with cooking spray. Transfer 1 ½ cups panko to a large bowl and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tbsp ranch dressing, 2 tbsp all purpose flour, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and ¼ tsp sugar until smooth. Add 1 1lb chicken tenders to the egg mixture, stirring to fully coat.
3) With a fork or tongs, transfer individual pieces of chicken to bowl with panko, turning to coat. Press gently on chicken to help panko adhere. Transfer chicken to prepared Suvie pans. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken. Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Divide chicken between plates and serve with extra ranch dressing.
Nutritional Information per serving ( 4 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Total Sodium 1020mg, Total Protein 20g.