These crispy cod filets with tartar sauce are like the fishsticks you enjoyed as a kid, but now all grown up. We toast the panko and the almonds first before roasting the fish to ensure the crust stays crisp. An easy, homemade tartar sauce ties it all together. Serve these filets with a simple vegetable side dish for a complete meal. You can easily double this recipe to serve 4 people.
Crispy Cod with Tartar Sauce
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, chopped
- 2 cod filets
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise, plus ¼ cup, separated
- 2 tbsp chopped dill pickles, plus 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 1 tbsp minced onion
1) Stir 2 tbsp panko and 2 tbsp slivered almonds together in a Suvie pan. Insert into Suvie and broil for 8-12 minutes or until pale golden, stirring halfway through cooking. Remove from Suvie and transfer to a small bowl.
2) Pat cod filets dry and season with salt and pepper. Divide 1 tbsp mayonnaise evenly across the top of both filets. Lift and gently press cod, mayo-side down into the panko mixture.
3) Set a Suvie roasting rack inside a Suvie pan and mist with cooking spray. Set cod filets, panko-side up in the roasting rack. Insert into the bottom of Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 17 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 0 minutes
4) While the cod cooks, prepare the tartar sauce. In a small bowl stir together remaining ¼ cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp chopped dill pickles, 1 tsp pickle juice, 1 tsp chopped capers, and 1 tbsp minced onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) After the cook, divide cod between plates and serve with tartar sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 8g, Total Sodium 720mg, Total Protein 21g.