This classic south Florida sandwich gets the Suvie treatment! Pork tenderloin is slathered in a tangy wet rub of garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and citrus. The pork is then sous vide, perfectly cooked, and sliced for optimum sandwich experience. Traditional Cubano sandwich ingredients of mustard, pickles, and Swiss cheese join our perfect pork right before being pressed (either in a panini press, grill pan, or skillet) and toasted.
Cubano Pork Sandwiches
- ½ lb pork tenderloin
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 bolillo or kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 4 tbsp yellow mustard
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- ½ cup sliced kosher dill pickles
1) Pat pork dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, ½ tsp salt, orange juice, and lime juice, whisking to combine. Spread the mixture over the tenderloin to completely cover.
2) Vacuum seal tenderloin using a vacuum sealer or with our DIY vacuum sealing guide. Place pork in a Suvie pan, fill with water, and place the pan in the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 135°F, 2 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie and drain. Remove the pork from the vacuum bag, discard the liquid, and return to the pan. Return pan to the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, or until the pork is golden brown. Remove the pan from your Suvie and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
4) Preheat a skillet or panini press over medium-high heat. Spread butter over the split rolls and place in the skillet to toast slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove rolls from the pan and spread with mustard. Divide cheese, pickles, and pork slices between rolls.
5) Return sandwiches to the skillet or press and toast for 2-3 minutes, (if using a skillet, place a heavy pan on top of the sandwiches) or until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted. Remove sandwiches from the pan and cut in half. Divide sandwiches between 2 plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 835, Total Fat 137g, Total Carbohydrates 42g, Total Sodium 2066mg, Total Protein 79g.